4. JCP: The new Jonathan Adler, Martha Stewart, and Conran home collections for JC Penny have revived this once stale brand.
Meghan Markle Asking Prince Harry About Whether She Should Curtsy Is All of Us
Marble Quatrefoil Giclee Apothecary Clear Glass Table Lamp, $99.99
Chrissy Teigen Makes Trump’s Birthday Great by Donating $288,000 to ACLU
7. Dyke and Dean: Another pick for the UK audience, Dyke and Dean is a pick ‘n mix lighting concept shop, so that you can go as bare bones cheap or add on all the goodies to create your dream light.
8. Lamps Plus Open Box: The online outlet for Lamps Plus features items that have been returned nationwide to Lamps Plus, with stock turning over constantly and rock bottom prices due to the open box nature of the items. You can even return purchases, which is rare with such deep discounts. Brands include Kichler, Possini, and Arteriors Home.
Favorite Pick: The Charlotte Green Ceramic table lamp from the Jonathan Adler Happy Chic collection, $125
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/b96154b964c0bbf7fdc8fff87320607a636caaff?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> Red Angled Cone enamel lightshade from
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/28c723c8b44f5aaf988244770ebdf95986190b04?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> Classic pendant from
3. IKEA: I don’t know of any place that can beat IKEA’s lighting prices. For $5 you can get a Scandi designed table lamp that emits a nice mood light. Their paper lantern shades are a classic too.
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/8c81890d20619385fc0c4bb49fdef6bd0827d6ac?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> Caged Pendant Lamp from
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/f8459922d99cbf9c3a3b0680617c66bd5e5ac326?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> Lampan Table Lamp from
LivingDecoratingToast5 Inexpensive Lamps That Will Light Up Your Life—or at Least Your Living Room
Anne Hathaway Says Her ‘Ocean’s 8’ Costars Stopped Filming So She Could Pump Breast Milk
I’ve been so slow to buy table lamps for our living room that my mother-in-law has accused me of “hating light.” (We have a weird relationship. Clearly.) But the prices on these Lamps Plus table lamps are so reasonable—they’re all under $100—I no longer have an excuse. Get a load of all this chic:
Favorite Pick: A classic pendant with a black and white chevron cord, $53
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.
This one isn’t necessarily my style, but it looks JUST like one that’s selling at a fancy-pants store for almost $400.
Are you in the market for table lamps? Which of these is your favorite?
I’m 29, Own a Women’s Boxing Glove Brand, and Spend $3,929 on My Beauty Routine
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/284f34a5ccd90179c05bf04c4224ff5e0576016a?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> The Charlotte Green Ceramic table lamp from
So This Is Where Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Reportedly Honeymooned
5. Urban Outfitters: You may only know Urban Outfitters for their clothing and quirky gifts, but they have been steadily adding to their homeware range and now have a wide range of lighting no longer just focused on pink flamingo string lights.
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/f99ea82b9bb04afddece106f4d6c013a6f2e9915?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> The Bobby Metal Floor Lamp from
Meghan Markle and the Queen Spent the Whole Day Together—And the Pics Are Glorious
Your daily dose of the latest in fashion, beauty, and entertainment — delivered straight to your inbox.
And I’pretty much HAVE to add this to my cart for my four-year-old son:
6. Habitat: For UK readers, Habitat can’t be beat as a step up from IKEA in the lighting department, with lights inspired by iconic designs such as Anglepoise and Jielde.
10. Urban Cottage Industries: Another UK pick n mix light supply store, with enamel shades that will work in any country regardless of voltage required.
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/6998ed82aff6697651e95913a109a15cce263d6f?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> Flat Green Enamel Shade from
1. Schoolhouse Electric: What began as a lighting company has turned into a great housewares brand, but their lighting is always what I come back to for classic, retro styles in every type of light, from pendants and sconces to table lamps. Custom options are available as well.
Sophia Bush Opens Up About the Alleged Harassment She Faced on the One Tree Hill Set
Pete Davidson’s Exes Are Having Very Relatable Reactions to His Engagement to Ariana Grande
Bad lighting can date a house. Fortunately, lighting is something that can be updated with a quick weekend project, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do it. Lighting can also be the item that comes at the end of a remodel when money is tight and you need some less expensive, stylish options. Here are 10 companies providing bright and functional lighting at reasonable prices.
Subscription ServicesContact GlamourReprints/PermissionsNewsletter SignupSite MapRSSAdvertise With UsMastheadAccessibility HelpGlamourUKGreeceFranceHungaryGermanyPolandSpainSweden RussiaNetherlandsMexico and Latin AmericaSouth Africa
Get the Magazine6 months for only $5 plus a free gift!Subscribe
Budget Living by type Guides Lighting & Fans Shopping Resources
‘ src=”https://atmedia.imgix.net/af81a0cc5fe4812dec2e6910ef8b88caf4be3a77?w=160&h=160&fit=crop”> Euro Haroldi Chrome Pendant from
9. NUD Collection: The place for bare bulb pendants in your pick of cord color and numerous bulb options.
2. CB2: The lower priced sister of Crate and Barrel has the trendiest styles for a fraction of the cost. You can easily find a great low price match to a higher priced item here.
Favorite Pick: The Splugen Brau inspired Euro Haroldi Chrome Pendant at over 50% off the original cost. $79.86